GeoExchange/GeoThermal uses the relatively constant temperature of the earth to heat and cool homes and businesses with up to 70% less energy than conventional systems. In fact, the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and the Dept. of Energy (DOE) have both endorsed GeoExchange as the most "energy efficient, environmentally clean, and cost effective system available today."
No matter what climate you live in, the temperature throughout the year varies from blazing summers to frigid winters. What people don't realize is that the temperature below ground (regardless of the climate or season) stays a fairly constant 50° all year.
• Save up to 70% on heating and cooling costs over conventional systems
• Unlike ordinary heat pumps and air conditioners, there is no noisy outdoor unit to disturb you or your neighbors. GeoExchange units are housed indoors, protected from harsh weather conditions.
• Enhanced Comfort GeoExchange systems provide precise distribution of comfortable air all year around, eliminating hot or cold spots in your home, and supplying cool dehumidified air
• Reliable GeoExchange Systems are virtually maintenance free. When installed properly, the buried loop system will last for generations.
• According to the EPA, GeoExchange systems are the most environmentally friendly way to heat or cool your home. These systems emit no carbon dioxide or other greenhouse gases. It is truly a natural, green heating and cooling system.
A $1,500.00 incentive is available for installation of a high efficiency ground source heat pump of 8.5 HSPF (efficiency) or greater.
Visit energystar.gov for a complete list of tax rebates and specifications.
Closed-loop systems circulate a water-based solution through a "loop system" of small-diameter, high-density polyethylene underground pipes. Closed-loop systems can be installed horizontally, vertically or in a pond or river. Open-loop systems use the existing water well or surface water. Whether the system is open or closed, heat is transferred to or from the structure, regardless of outdoor temperature, to provide year-round comfort.